Saturday, April 20, 2013

Coat of Arms - Class 1

Below is the coat of Arms I created in class (a replica with copied images as my drawing is not something I can brag about!)

The lower level represent my reaction towards change ... I face it with skepticism. I am not the kind of person who is open to change and therefore I always question the reason behind it and if it will bring positive outcomes or is it just a procedure of re-inventing the wheel.

The middle one represents what changes need to be, well for me the iron represents the tool the irons out all imperfections, meaning that the change has to provide a positive solution to problems.. on the other hand the coffee represents a functional and happy atmosphere.

 the upper level represent what change needs to do in my perspective in order to be perceived as positive. Well, as in the picture, it has to put everything in its place and its order, to me it is more like a production belt that takes a group of scrambled things and them puts them in similar groups.




2 comments:

  1. interesting outlook and reflective of the Dina i have gotten to know. Is the iron also perhaps a sign of an aversion to anything else such a perceived role within your ever changing world??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, an aversion to anything else such a perceived role within my ever changing world? Can you explain please??

    To elaborate more I will give you an example .. if I am faced with change in any situation, at work or in my personal life, if this change does not make things clearer easier and facilitates things then I will struggle with it ... maybe this comes from past work experiences where the changes made in the company generated more conflict than the desired positive outcomes ... having said that it just occurred to me that maybe I am the type who weighs all aspects before deciding to leave their comfort zone...

    In my personal life I believe I took huge steps of change, but once I am there I will stick to the old and tried.. for instance, changing my track after graduating uni school was a major change, which was also met by major criticism from my community who still believe being an engineer is much more reputable than working in marketing! On the other hand, when at work I was the one employee who was the most skeptical about any changes done, whether organizational or operational. And now as I am speaking I got a point! It's about trusting the person who inflicts and encourages the change ... taking that back to my previous job although my boss was a brilliant business man, I never thought of him to be a good people's manager, therefore I faced any changes he wanted to make with a lot of skeptisism.

    Bottom line? For you to be the one who leads the positive change required, you need to be trusted, respected and looked up to. In simple words, you need to be a true leader! (i.e That's exactly what happened in Inyecsa case, the young manager did not have what it takes to do the right thing because of his personal attributes (or the lack of them).

    And here I end!

    ReplyDelete